Friday, September 24, 2010

The Fantasy Home


Dually inspired by the fantasy of moving out of the cramped, funky (like bad-funky), dark apartment we're living in now and moving in somewhere light-filled and spacious (spacious meaning Andrew can't spread his arms and simultaneousy touch opposing walls in the bedroom), I've been spending a lot of time looking at interior design and architecture blogs. This house made me pee in my pants a little bit, so I thought I'd share.  Courtesy of Dwell.




I love the earthy colors and and vintage furniture mixed with the modern materials choices. And that pink canvas on the concrete wall! Full on.


There are floor to ceiling windows that open to this view. Yes, please.



If you're an artist and you live in a house like this, you have to have a record player.


If I lived here, I think there would be a lot of magic happening. I'm just saying. 





Have a lovely weekend.


4 comments:

  1. nice I love the turntable and tube amp-very retro
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am in love with these pics... great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This house is a close second to the one you posted today, good taste my dear!

    ReplyDelete