Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thrifting: The Catholic Charities

As a rule, I normally don't enter any building with the word Catholic on it, but I checked out the Catholic Charities Thrift Store  at 609 E. Haley the other day and well, it was pretty gross. And expensive. Like $75.00 for a schlocky piece of art expensive. And gross like I thought someone was following me around and farting, but then I realized it just smells like that.


BUT I did find these oxfords that were priced at $12.99, and the man at the register rang them up for $6.99. I don't feel guilty because God must have wanted it that way, because I've been very very good.



I know Oxfords are way trendy right now and it's hard not to look like an unfeminine platypus whilst wearing them, but I couldn't pass up the deal. Or the chance to look just a little bit more like Sally Albright. 


The verdict:

Bring hand sanitizer and pray for mercy at the register.

2 comments:

  1. I'd recognize that carpet anywhere...nice find from a very frightening place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I noticed you wearing those shoes when I saw you out and thought they looked super cute on you! Unfeminine platypus you definitely are not! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete