Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Raoul Textiles Sale.

Oh Raoul. 

Raoul, Raoul, Raoul. 

Look what you are doing to these ladies. 


Early Saturday morning we lined up, lattés in hand, in our finest Weekend-Wear and readied ourselves for the unicorn of Santa Barbara events: The Raoul Textiles Sale.






We were focused:

We were frenzied:


We worked fast:



Raoul Textiles was started in Santa Barbara in 1981 by Sally and Tim McQuillan, and the hand-printed Belgian linen and other finely woven fabrics have become highly coveted and revered among those in the know. 






I wasn't in the know, but thankfully my friends were, and I tagged along. I couldn't commit to buying more than a bag of scraps, but  they totally scored!





Alisa went straight home and knocked out some pillows, the crafty little brat.



My $5.00 bag of scraps will probably live in this corner until I get a sewing machine. I think it's a lovely way of keeping the dust off my amp for now. 




The new Raoul Showroom is located at 136 State Street in downtown Santa Barbara. Go by and drool, and then meet me at the next sale.




4 comments:

  1. You should make an amp cover!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely wish I was there. The prints and fabrics look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Roaul Textiles - As a Brit how would I find out about their sale dates. Will plan a holiday at the same time!! Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma! I think it's every April, but I'm not sure. I would suggest emailing them, and then come on over!

    ReplyDelete